The DigiLocker Service in now in Beta and is a powerful tool that can be used to store your precious documents online.
The DigiLocker Service is an online portal which you can use with the help of your Aadhaar card to store a soft copy of your important documents in a secure location. This can be a real lifesaver in many cases.You can save an e-copy of your important documents like Voter ID, Birth Certificate, PAN Card, Ration Card etc all in one place.
This service will be implemented with government portals so that you can easily go through various processes without the hassle of uploading your documents again and again. All you would have to do is link them to you DigiLocker and they will only be given permission to access the document required.
For example, your Voter ID card is required as a proof for some online process. You will only need to give the DigiLocker link and will not have to upload the scanned copy of the Voter ID.
The service is linked to your Aadhaar Card no. so it will be accessible only by you, which makes an added security bonus
Benefits of DigiLocker Service
- All your important documents stored in a single, secure location.
- No hassle of uploading documents again and again.
- Future integration with many other services will make this a one-stop for your
- Any Indian Citizen with an Aadhaar Card can apply, even if he/she lives abroad.
Signing up for DigiLocker Service
- First go to the DigiLocker Portal here.
- Click on 'Sign Up'.
- Type in your Aadhaar No and the Captcha Code and click on 'Sign Up'
- After you have signed up, for login, you will be sent the One Time Password(OTP) to the mobile no you have given in your Aadhaar Card. If you have not entered your mobile no on Aadhaar Card, follow this guide here.
- After entering the OTP an e-authentication will be done via UIDAI. This will complete the sign up process.
After this you can upload your documents easily.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete